Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Dinner in 20: Hashbrown Pizza



Anything called 'pizza' seems to go over better at dinner time. So I'll milk it for all I can. Tonight that meant getting creative for a crust. If your family isn't big on the green stuff, you can leave that out or substitute some other veggie that goes over better. Next time I might try (steamed)broccoli or shredded cabbage or even some thinly sliced zucchini.

Hashbrown Pizza with Spinach and Ham

2 or 3 boxes of hashbrowns (the ones with the dried potatoes)
Leaf spinach (optional)
Diced ham or turkey
Shredded cheese

Prepare the hasbrowns according to the directions on the box. After you turn them to brown the second side, top with spinach, meat, then cheese. Cover and reduce heat to medium or medium low and cook until greens are wilted and cheese is melted.

My kids really liked this tonight, your mileage may vary ;0)!

2 comments:

Alise said...

Hey, I'm back home -- I need you to get back to this blog!!!

;-D

Brad said...

sounds like a fun idea :)