Sunday, May 07, 2006

Little League: Grilled Peanutbutter-wiches

This is a fun change from grilled cheese sandwiches.

I can't claim the recipe is original though. I first had it at my mother-in-law's house when my husband and I were still dating. It was a family favorite in his family and now it is in ours as well.

Peanutbutter-wiches

For each sandwich, spread two slices of bread with butter/margarine. Stack the bread with the buttered sides facing. Spread peanutbutter on the top slice of bread. Finish with a squeeze of honey or a spread of honey-whip and place butter-side down on a skillet heated on medium heat. Top with the other slice of bread, butter-side up.

Grill as you would for grilled cheese sandwiches.

Yumm!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I thought I was the only person that knew about grilled peanut butter and honey sandwiches!!!

I love them!!!! Glad to see that someone else has discovered this tasty treat as well. Especially good with a glass of milk.

Anonymous said...

I love them too!! They are great!