Thursday, November 10, 2005

Dinner in 20: Fideo Soup

Sometimes you just need to put something on the table fast. Sometime you can pull from freeer stock, sometimes just from what is on hand in the pantry. Tonight was one of those nights. I taught a late class and had an appointment come in just after I got home. So I couldn't start dinner until 6:30! So fast was crucial! Since I'm not the only one in this boat, I'll try to post some super fast dinner ideas for those nights!

Tonight we're having:

Fideo Soup with Meatballs

Bring 2 quarts beef-tomato broth to a boil. (I use beef-tomato bouillion cubes, but 6 C of beef broth plus 2 C of tomato sauce is the same thing)
Add a can of diced tomatoes (14 ish ounces)
Once it is boiling, add frozen, precooked meatballs or a pound of cooked ground beef.
Return to a boil and add 6 or 7 ounces of fine egg noodles (fideos).
Simmer 7-9 minutes until pasta is done.

Serve with lots of cheese on top. My kiddos love this.

No comments: